Horn Distribution is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Data Controller and Contact
Data controller under the GDPR is Alps Alpine Europe GmbH, Ohmstr. 4, 85716 Unterschleißheim, Germany. The easiest way to reach our data protection officer is by sending an email to webmaster[at]alpine.de.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What we collect
We collect some information automatically:
- IP Address
Other information is collected only when you provide it:
- Contact information including email address, postal address, telephone number, gender and date of birth
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Transaction Information such as a record of purchases and your communications with us.
- Details of your purchase
- Messages provided to us through our in-store messaging service
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Authentication and security
- Internal record keeping.
- Communication with you upon your prior consent (such as marketing materials) or in response to your inquiry.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Process transactions that you wish to make (such as the purchase of our products)
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who we transfer the information to
We only transfer or share your data as is necessary, and we never sell personal data to third parties. Other than the below list, your data is not transferred to any other third parties or used by anyone outside of Alpine or Shopify, and in every case, appropriate contractual and technical measures are put in place to ensure that your data is secure.
- Data that you provide to us may be passed on to our affiliated companies, including companies outside of the EU.
- Data may be stored on non-EU-based servers.
- Data may be provided to service partners in order to support our operations, e.g. carry out your requested transactions.
- Your data may be used for legal purposes such as compliance with a court order or to address fraud or a security issue.
- Other than as described above, your data is not transferred to any third parties, nor is it or will it ever be sold
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You are always in charge of your data, and you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will have to affirmatively consent to have it used by us.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at webmaster[at]alpine.de
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by contacting us at webmaster[at]alpine.de or at the address listed above. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you do not agree to the following provisions, please deactivate the acceptance of cookies by changing the settings of your browser!
AboutCookies.org explains how you can delete and control the cookies in your browser.
The aim of this Cookies list is to provide you with an understanding as to what types of cookies we use on our site.
We will try to inform you, before you receive cookies, and will try to cover all cookies in this list that we or our technology partners use. Please be aware that there may be a delay in updating this list. If you do notice that cookies are getting set without informing you or without being listed here, be sure to contact us and let us know. We will work as soon as possible on the update of the cookie-listing and/or overcome the hindrance of not informing you before setting the cookie.
We use the following cookies:
Category 1 – Flash-Cookie
The Flash-cookie remembers your settings (e.g. volume) when using the flash video player and stores the default settings for your next visit. Even if you have adjusted in your browser settings that you do not want cookies on your computer, you may be asked, if the flash player may store information. The reason for this is that they are not HTTP cookies. They are only used by the flash applications and have nothing to do with other Internet access protection or security settings you may have set on your browser.
Cookie' Name: settings.sol
Please visit the Adobe website for information about how to control Flash cookies on your computer. You can prevent, detect and delete Flash cookies. Firefox users can also get an add-on to control their Flash Cookies, for example BetterPrivacy.
Use of Facebook Plug-ins
We use plug-ins from the social network "facebook.com" on this website. "Facebook" is operated by the Facebook Inc., with its registered seat in 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
If you visit a web site with such a plug-in you will be automatically connected with the Facebook server. At the same time the web browser is notified and the plug-in appears on the web site. Hereby Facebook gets the information of which web sites you have visited.
If you are logged in to Facebook at the time the plug-in is activated, Facebook will classify the information as belonging to your Facebook account. By using these plug-ins (e.g. clicking on “Like”-buttons or commenting) Facebook also classifies this information as belonging to your account. If you want to prevent that you have to log out.
Find more information about the data collection and data use by Facebook as well as your rights and possibilities to protect your privacy in the “Data Use Policy” of Facebook.
2 clicks for data security:
The “like it” buttons can help you to easily share interesting content from our webpage with your friends and colleagues. However, when integrated without an activation method, such buttons may already lead to a transfer of information to the operators of network platforms, including the URL of the current page plus an identifier that can be linked directly to a user’s Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
In order to protect your data security, Alpine provides you the 2 clicks data security function. By default, social “like it” buttons on the Alpine website are not activated. They can be activated with a first click on the button. With the second click you can then send your referral for the specific page which you wish to recommend.