SWR-1542D - 15′′ (38 cm) Subwoofers (4Ω + 4Ω)
Built from select materials and high-end components, designed for precision and efficiency, and protected by Thermal Management features – the Type-R subwoofers provide the kind of real power and massive bass only hinted at by other speakers.
Cooling is a crucial element in subwoofer design. Since overheating in the voice coil can severely damage the woofer cone, Type-R subs use a variety of sohpisticated techniques to ensure that airflow is effectively controlled – pulling in fresh, cool air and maintaining maximum contact with all thermally conductive parts for optimum heat dissipation.
Significantly redesigned and upgraded, the Type-R subwoofers have an amazing 40% more power handling capacity over last year’s models, and take advantage of key technologies and design features of the high-end Type-X line for the highest possible sound quallity and performance.
With all wires conveniently located on one side, the Type-R subwoofers can be installed quickly, easily and neatly. Jumpers are configurable for either parallel or series, and the push terminals allow for heavy gauge speaker wire.
Peak Power: 2000 Watts
RMS Power: 750 Watts
Frequency Response: 18 Hz - 200 Hz
- Peak Power 2000W
- RMS Power 750W
- Frequency Response: 18HZ-400Hz
- High Excursion 1-1/4" Santoprene Edge
- Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone
- Dual Progressive Nomex Spiders with Edge Control
- Integrated Tinsel Lead Spider Design
- Custom Cast Aluminium Frame with Integrated Heat Transfer Plate
- Extended Length Dual-Flared Vented Pole Design
- High-Strength Brass Voice Coil Bobbin
- Heavy-Duty 10cm2 Push Terminals
- Computer Optimized Magnetic Circuit
- Designed and Engineered in the USA